Sunday, June 26, 2011

Last Day at The Festival...Time Has Flown By!


Day 7 At The Festival…I Can’t believe it’s the last day!

Time has flown by, that is for sure. After a week full of seminars, workshops, master classes and meetings with influential people, I woke up excited to head to Cannes for the day.

I started my day off by attending the AICP Digital seminar on innovation in advertising. I did not find it to be interesting at all. The panel spoke about integrated productions and the importance of working together as a team. This idea is something we have heard many times at the festival this week.

I did find the VW campaign they showed interesting. VW wanted to showcase their new car at the super bowl, but it was not ready yet. So, they needed to find a solution. Instead, they created an insect and filmed it as if they were filming someone driving a car (they showed it going down the road etc). The beetle acted like a vehicle throughout the entire shoot. To take this campaign further, when the ad was viewed online, the beetle reacted outside of the picture frame. For example, the beetle hits the header of the YouTube video and runs over the comments. I thought it was a good way to integrate the campaign.

I then attended the B-Reel digital schmigital for 2012. During this seminar, they stressed the importance of having no set formulas when trying to create a digital idea. They emphasized being creative and thinking out of the box.  For example, they showed a campaign for IKEA where the first person to tag themselves in an IKEA showroom picture on facebook will get the product. I think this is a great way to get people involved and aware of your products. If I was one of the people who won an item, I would definitely tell my friends all about it!

The last seminar I attended was Grupo Consultores: Brazil, Revealing The Secrets. Since Brazil is the country I am following at the festival, it was worth my time to attend. But, I felt like they were promoting their country the whole time! I did not learn any useful information to apply to my studies. However, I did learn a lot for my report. Advertising in Brazil is being fueled by an increasingly stronger economy, by hosting the 2015 world cup and by hosting the 2016 Olympic games. Furthermore, the lower class is slowly moving out of poverty and into the middle class. 30% of consumption in Brazil is in the middle class. So, there are more and more consumers eager to buy goods each day in Brazil. This creates a need for more advertising.  

After the Brazil seminar, I went to lunch and headed back to JLP to get ready for the final awards ceremony. Hopefully it will be a fun night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment